Sunday, April 15, 2007

Coincidence?


Two coincidences this week, both having to do with nature or the planet. First, Kate e-mailed me and asked "Have you ever read Edward Abbey? He's absolutely funny." Earlier that same day, George had picked up one of Abbey's books to reread. Ooooooo. Then Leha e-mailed the next day, asking me to sign Senator Boxer's Global Warming petition, about an hour after I'd signed it. Oooooooo, squared. Is it coincidence, or do we all just know each other too well? So Leha, yes, I signed the petition, and Kate, no, I haven't read any Abbey yet, but George has. And I plan to.

Yesterday I picked up Richard Preston's The Wild Trees, after seeing Preston plugging the book on The Daily Show. It's about people who climb and hang out in giant redwood trees. Read about it here, it's much more interesting than I make it sound. I also picked up a copy of Hey Ranger!: True Tales of Humor & Misadventure from America's National Parks, which is exactly what it sounds like. Should be fun ;)

It's pouring down rain, I've got a pot of Chile Verde on the stove, and a stack of books to wade through. When you think about it, it's kind of The Perfect Sunday.

--Bonnie

1 comment:

M. D. Vaden of Oregon said...

The Wild Trees ...

Ever seen photos of some of the trees since the book had no photos in it?

Hyperion Redwood and Largest Coast Redwoods

A few photos.

Cheers,

MDV